I'm pooped! *sigh* Yesterday, I spent the day unloading our bathroom closet and our linen closet, then rearranging and organizing (getting rid of old medicine, doubles . . .), and putting everything back in. Then, I started in on the computer room closet, because the computer room will become the nursery. And, there's absolutely no room (currently) for a crib in here, or a dresser, or a rocking chair, or even anywhere to put a bag of diapers. So, we're rearranging.
Then, today, while Brandon sheetrocked the garage with his brother's help (pictures will be coming next week when it is completed), I tackled our "school box." That's the box where the boys school papers have been put throughout the year(s) and it's been sitting in the computer room for the last couple of months. So, I dug through all of that, and have been buried in paper for most of the day.
But, I got it done, and even reorganized my music boxes that have a way of emptying as I pull out music that I want to play or sing. More often than not, they get put in a pile until it bugs me enough to put them back in the boxes. So, I have a lot of clean closets/activity boxes/music boxes today.
However, if you come to visit, be warned - the rest of the house is NOT clean. As we pull out things from the computer room, stacks are made - keep, throw away, file . . . you get the idea. (I will be taking the day tomorrow while Scott & Brandon are at day camp to catch up on laundry, sweeping, vacuuming . . .) On the upside of today, though, my mother-in-law came over today (I asked her to come, despite the horrid mess), and helped me choose colors for the baby's room! I got the bedding the other day, and now that we have colors picked out, and carpet (most likely) picked out, I'm getting very antsy to get this baby's room done! Soon!
So, I'm pooped, but despite feeling saddle sore (I carry all of my babies VERY low), and despite still having messes around the house, I feel good. It feels good to organize, throw things away, and get my house in order. And, it's nice to have the boys playing with friends, riding bikes, and not having to worry about homework getting done so that I can concentrate on my projects and this nesting phase. And, when Brandon get the garage walls done, he'll be building shelves for in there that will house our camping stuff, decoration boxes, Christmas tree, which will give me more closets to organize to make room for this little babe.
Isn't it too early to nest? Not for me! This is my usual time. By the time I'm 7, 8, 9 months along and most women are nesting, I'm too sore because the baby is so low and I feel like I've been riding a horse for the previous 4 months! Oh, and then the baby has to drop even lower, so anything like sitting, standing, laying down, or just plain moving hurts. :)
But, I'm not complaining - just rambling. I've had a busy day, and Brandon's off buying bread so that he and Scott can have sandwiches for their Cub Scout day camp tomorrow, the boys are in bed, and I'm just relaxing and unwinding as I write.
Ignore this post if you want, or read it. Whatever. I'm happy, unwound and ready to watch a quick episode of NCIS. Then bed. :)
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed! Someday I'll come visit! Wish you weren't so far away. But I totally love Logan so I don't think that I would move back to the Basin if I was established in Logan! :O)
WOW, You are Super Nesting Women! I honestly never nested at all in my preggnacies...at least not that I recall...you'd have to ask David. Way to go! Good luck on your projects!
Hey! Come nest at my house!
What a great feeling to get things done! Are you sharing your color scheme for the nursery or do we have to wait for pics? :)
Wish I could see it all in person...
Hey I remember the feeling!! And yes I cleaned a lot of things when I felt like I could too. Good job but by the time the baby comes it needs done again. :)
Post a Comment